How it all works with us:
If you are interested in adopting an equine from us please complete the Adoption Application form , or contact us by phone or email. We will then contact you to arrange a visit to our yard to meet the pony/horses of interest.
Upon deciding which horse/pony you would like to adopt, and is most suitable for your needs, a home check will be carried out by us to ensure proper facilities and fencing are in place on your property.
We will then arrange transport and complete an Adoption Agreement Contract
If at any stage you can no longer care for the animal we will welcome them back to the rescue.
We do however ask that you keep us up to date with how the animal is doing and send us pictures.
All of our equines are health checked by our vet when they arrive. They are dosed, vaccinated, get their teeth checked when needed and our farrier pares their feet.
Please note that it is a legal requirement that you have an Equine Premises Number. This is a simple procedure and is free. You can download the form here. Once you have applied, we can continue with the adoption process and when you get your EPN you can contact us with the number.
What should you consider before adopting?
- Is it a companion or riding pony/horse you are looking for?
- what level of experience does the rider/handler have?
- Have you thoroughly researched the costs associated with keeping an equine? Feed, bedding, farrier, veterinary costs, dentist, insurance etc.
- Do you have time to care for the animal?
- Do you have land and facilities to keep the animal?
- Is there sufficient acreage for grazing and stables/shelter?
- You must register your premises with the Dept of Agriculture for keeping equines; valid Equine Premises Number will be required prior to application to adopt.
EQUINE PREMISES NUMBER
It is against the law to have horses on lands/premises that are not registered with the Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine
Contact you local Registration Office for application or down load here
Registration is free of charge
Penalties apply where premises are not registered.